Fujifilm X-E2S Body Silver
- Advanced Rangefinder design
- X-Trans™* CMOS II sensor & EXR Processor II
- New Full Auto Mode
- New AF Zone and Wide/Tracking modes
- Real Time Viewfinder
- 3.0-inch 1,040K-dot LCD
- Compact and lightweight body
- APS-C"X-Trans CMOS II"
- Effective Pixels
- LCD Monitor
- 3.0-inch (1,040K-dot)
- ISO 51200**
Advanced Rangefinder Design
Engage with Your Subject and Capture Pictures Your Way
InstinctSense the detail, mood and atmosphere of your scene The rangefinder design allows you to capture the moment as it happens while viewing your subject in perfect detail through the viewfinder.
From the X-E2 to the X-E2S - the evolution.From Film Simulation to improved performance and faster autofocus - the new features on the FUJIFILM X-E2S enable you to capture your vision in as true-to-life a way as possible. A new chapter in rangefinder design.
Film Simulation Modes —Just Like Choosing a Photographic Film Capture Your Pictures with Unique Fuji Colors
Color reproduction technology perfected through over 80 years of color film development research, responding to the requests of professional photographers. In addition to the standard PROVIA, the brilliant colors of Velvia, and the muted tones of ASTIA, the user can select from 11 different types, including PRO Neg.Std and PRO Neg.Hi for skin tones and Classic Chrome for a vintage look. Our commitment to image quality not only improves lens resolution, but also takes detail to a higher level.
New AF system for capturing moving subjectsThe new AF system in the FUJIFILM X-E2S adds the new Zone and Wide/Tracking options to the existing Single Point mode to focus on one of 49 points for fast and precise focusing The new modes offer a vastly improved focusing performance on moving subjects across the 77-point AF area.
Real-Time Viewfinder in a rangefinder-style model
The 2.36 million-dot organic EL display and dedicated viewfinder lens enables the FUJIFILM X-E2S to offer a display magnification of 0.62x*** with a clear and high-definition viewfinder screen. In addition, the world's shortest display time lag of just 0.005 seconds*4ensures photographers can capture every shooting opportunity while looking at the live view through the viewfinder.
Lens & Accessories
A comprehensive line-up of 21 high-performance FUJINON X-mount lenses, covering ultra-wide-angle to super telephoto optionsThe latest digital technologies have been used to develop X-mount lenses, which offer high-precision optical designs for the best possible image quality.
Model Name FUJIFILM X-E2S Number of effective pixels 16.3 million pixels Image sensor 23.6mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS II with primary color filter Total number of pixels: 16.7 million pixels
- Sensor Cleaning system
- Ultra Sonic Vibration
Storage media SD memory card / SDHC memory card / SDXC (UHS-I) memory card*1 File format
- Still image
- JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3)*2, RAW (RAF format), RAW+JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
- Movie File Format: MOV Movie Video Compression: H.264 Audio: Linear PCM Stereo
Number of recorded pixels L: (3:2) 4896 x 3264 / (16:9) 4896 x 2760 / (1:1) 3264 x 3264 M: (3:2) 3456 x 2304 / (16:9) 3456 x 1944 / (1:1) 2304 x 2304 S: (3:2) 2496 x 1664 / (16:9) 2496 x 1408 / (1:1) 1664 x 1664 <Motion Panorama> L: Vertical: 2160 x 9600 / Horizontal: 9600 x 1440 M: Vertical: 2160 x 6400 / Horizontal: 6400 x 1440 Lens mount FUJIFILM X mount Sensitivity AUTO1/AUTO2/AUTO3 (Control available up to ISO 6400) Equivalent to ISO 200 - 6400 (Standard Output Sensitivity) Extended output sensitivity : Equivalent ISO 100, 12800, 25600 and 51200 Exposure control TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average Exposure mode Programmed AE / Shutter Speed priority AE / Aperture priority AE / Manual exposure Exposure compensation -3.0EV - +3.0EV, 1/3EV step (movie recording : -2.0EV - +2.0EV) Image Stabilizer Supported with OIS type lenses Face Detection Yes Shutter type Focal Plane Shutter Shutter speed (Electronic Shutter mode) 1sec. to 1/32000sec. *3 (P mode) 4sec. to 1/4000sec., (All other modes) 30sec. to 1/4000sec., Time 30sec. to 1/4000sec., Bulb (max.60min.), Synchronized shutter speed for flash : 1/180sec. or slower Continuous shooting Approx. 7.0 fps (JPEG : max. approx. 18 frames) Approx. 3.0 fps (JPEG : up to the capacity of the card)
- * Recordable frame number may vary depending on the type of memory card used.
- * The frame rate varies with shooting condition and the number of images recorded.
Auto bracketing AE Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV) Film Simulation Bracketing (Any 3 types of film simulation selectable) Dynamic Range Bracketing (100% · 200% · 400%) ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV) White Balance Bracketing (±1, ±2, ±3) Focus
- Single AF / Continuous AF / MF Distance Indicator / AF+MF
- Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF), AF assist illuminator available
- AF frame selection
- Single Point AF : 49 areas on a 7x7 grid (Changeable size of AF frame among 5 types), Zone AF : Selectable with 3x3 / 5x3 / 5x5 areas from 77 areas on an 11x7 grid, Wide/Tracking AF : Automatic selection from 77 areas on an 11x7 grid
White balance Automatic scene recognition Custom / Color temperature selection (K) Preset : Fine / Shade / Fluorescent light (Daylight) / Fluorescent light (Warm White) / Fluorescent light (Cool White) / Incandescent light / Underwater Self-timer 10 sec. / 2 sec. Delay Interval timer shooting Yes (Setting : Interval, Number of shots, Startinng time) Flash Manual pop-up flash (Super Intelligent Flash) Guide number : approx. 5 (ISO100 · m) / approx. 7 (ISO200 · m) Flash modes Activated when external flash is connected
- Red-eye removal OFF
- Auto / Forced Flash / Slow Synchro / Suppressed Flash / Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander
- Red-eye removal ON
- Red-eye Reduction Auto / Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash / Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro / Suppressed Flash / Red-eye Reduction & Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander
- * Red-eye removal is active when Face Detection is set to ON.
Hot shoe Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible) Viewfinder 0.5-in., approx. 2.360K-dot OLED color viewfinder Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area : approx. 100% Eye point : approx. 23mm (from the rear end of the camera's eyepiece) Diopter adjustment : -4m-1 to +2m-1 Magnification : 0.62x with 50mm lens (35mm format equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to - 1.0m-1 Diagonal angle of view : approx. 30° (Horizontal angle of view : approx. 25°) Built-in eye sensor LCD monitor 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1,040K-dot, color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage) Movie recording Full HD 1920 x 1080 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p, Continuous recording : up to approx. 14 min. HD 1280 x 720 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p, Continuous recording : up to approx. 27 min.
- * Use a card with SD Speed Class with or higher
Photography functions Advanced SR AUTO, Eye detection AF, Face Detection, Interval timer shooting, Auto Red-eye Removal, Select custom setting, Motion panorama, Color space, Setting (Color, Sharpness, D-range, Gradation), Film Simulation, Advanced Filter, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Histogram display, Preview depth of focus, Lens Modulatioon Optimizer, Pre-AF, Focus check, Focus Peak Highlight, Digital Split Image™ *4, Electronic level, Multiple exposure, Release priority / Focus priority selection, Fn button setting (RAW, Movie, etc.), ISO AUTO control, Instant AF setting (AF-S/AF-C), Interlock spot AE & Focus area, Selector button setting, AE-L/AF-L button setting, Edit/Save quick menu, Shutter Type Film Simulation mode 11 type (PROVIA/STANDARD, Velvia/VIVID, ASTIA/SOFT, CLASSIC CHROME, PRO Neg Hi, PRO Neg. Std, MONOCHROME, MONOCHROME+Ye FILTER, MONOCHROME+R FILTER, MONOCHROME+G FILTER, SEPIA) Dynamic range setting AUTO, 100%, 200%, 400% Advanced filter Toy camera / Miniature / Pop color / High-key / Low-key / Dynamic tone / Soft focus / Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple) Playback functions RAW conversion, Image rotate, Auto image rotate, Face Detection, Red-eye reduction, Photobook assist, Erase selected frames, Image search, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Slide show, Mark for upload, Protect, Crop, Resize, Panorama, Favorites Wireless transmitter
- IEEE 802.11b / g / n (standard wireless protocol)
- Access mode
Wireless function Geotagging, Wireless communication (Image transfer), View & Obtain Images, Remote camera shooting, PC Autosave, instax printer print Other functions PictBridge, Exif Print, 35 Languages, Date/Time, Time difference, Sound & Flash, High Performance, Preview exp. in Manual mode, EVF Brightness, LCD Brightness, Preview Pic. Effect, DISP. Custom Setting Terminal
- Video output
- Digital interface
- USB 2.0 High-Speed / micro USB terminal
- * connectable with Remote Release RR-90 (sold separately)
- HDMI output
- HDMI Mini connector (Type C)
- Microphone / shutter release input: ø2.5mm, stereo mini connector
Power supply NP-W126 Li-ion battery (included) Dimensions 129mm (W) x 74.9mm (H) x 37.2mm (D) / 5.08in. (W) x 2.95in. (H) x 1.47in. (D) (Minimum Depth : 30.9mm / 1.22 in.) Weight Approx. 350g / 12.3 oz. (including battery and memory card) Approx. 300g / 10.6 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card) Operating Temperature 0°C - 40°C (+32°F - +104°F) Operating Humidity 10 - 80% (no condensation) Battery life for still images*5 Approx. 350 frames (When XF35mmF1.4 R is set, LCD monitor on) Battery life for movies*5 Consecutive movie recording : approx. 110 min. (Face detection is set to OFF)
- * Individual movies cannot exceed approx. 14 min. on Full HD mode, and approx. 27 min. on HD mode in length.
Starting up period Approx. 0.5 sec., when High Performance mode set to ON Approx. 1.0 sec., when High Performance mode set to OFF
- * Fujifilm research
Accessories included Li-ion battery NP-W126 Battery charger BC-W126 Shoulder strap Body cap Metal strap clip Protective cover Clip attaching tool Owner's manual
- *1Please see the Fujifilm website (http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/compatibility/card/x/) to check memory card compatibility.
- *2Exif 2.3 is a digital camera file format that contains a variety of shooting information for optimal printing.
- *3The Electronic Shutter may not be suitable for fast-moving objects. Flash can not be used.
- *4Digital Split Image is a trademark or a registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation.
- *5Approximate number of frames / period that can be taken with a fully-charged battery based on CIPA standard.
Memory Card Capacity and Image Quality / SizeAll figures are approximate; file size varies with the scene recorded, producing wide variations in the number of files that can be stored.
Number of images Modes Still image (L) Number of recorded pixels 4896 x 3264 (3:2) Quality JPEG FINE JPEG NORMAL SDHC memory card 8 GB 1210 1910 16 GB 2494 3951 Number of images Modes Still image (M) Number of recorded pixels 3456 x 2304 (3:2) Quality JPEG FINE JPEG NORMAL SDHC memory card 8 GB 1910 3740 16 GB 3951 7719 Number of images Modes Still image (S) Number of recorded pixels 2496 x 1664 (3:2) Quality JPEG FINE JPEG NORMAL SDHC memory card 8 GB 3570 6840 16 GB 7373 14116 Number of images Modes RAW SDHC memory card 8 GB 230 16 GB 494 Recording time Modes Movie Quality FULL HD (1920 x 1080) 60p HD (1280 x 720) 60p SDHC memory card 8 GB 26 min. 51 min. 16 GB 54 min. 105 min.
- *For recording movies, use a card with SD Speed Class with or higher.
- *Individual movies cannot exceed approx. 14 min. on Full HD mode, and approx. 27 min. on HD mode in length.